School and Family collaboration has been subject of research over the years. Results highlight that such cooperation is essential, it has important effects on the holistic development of a child and thus on its smooth integration into society.
According to the pedagogical principles highlighted above, often and regular parent gatherings take place at our school, especially for younger ages, with the ultimate goal not only to inform parents about the progress of their children but also to increase their awareness of our program and our actions, thus seeking to extend them to the family and society.
High importance holds the 1st Parent Congregation which takes place in September, where our goals are:
- to put the bases for a relationship built on mutual trust
- for teachers to find out about each child separately (needs, talents, difficulties, etc.)
- for both school and family to help children’s smooth adaptation to the school context
- for parents to be informed about the school’s operating rules
In addition, throughout the school year parents have the opportunity:
- to communicate daily, in the morning, with kindergarten teachers either by telephone or through personal meetings in the school area, upon agreement.
- to come to a planned meeting with the child psychologist of the school in order to discuss situations that concern them.
- to attend seminars concerning the development of children, as well as various social issues, which are being held by the child psychologist of the school and other scholars of various specialties, in suitable spaces at the school premises.
Fine collaboration between school and family is an integral part of our philosophy!